Swaythling Parish, made up of St Mary’s and St Alban’s Churches, serves the surrounding areas of Swaythling, Mansbridge and parts of both Portswood and Townhill Park, and is part of the Diocese of Winchester.
In 1992 the parishes of St Alban’s and St Mary’s were united as Swaythling Parish. St Mary’s is one of the oldest churches in Southampton, and is one of the two remaining medieval churches in the city. Parts of the church date back to Norman times (12th Century). St. Alban’s Church is one of the newest churches in Southampton, and was completed in 1933.
St Mary’s, South Stoneham, Parish of Swaythling
St Alban’s, Parish of Swaythling